Glen Barber announced the release of FreeBSD 9.2 RC4.
The official annoucnement says:
The fourth release candidate builds of the 9.2-RELEASE release cycle are now available.
This is expected to be the final release candidate for the 9.2-RELEASE cycle.
Changes between -RC3 and -RC4 include:
- Revert the tribute boot loader logo as the default logo. Fix a filesystem bug that would cause removed files to fail to dereference vnodes until the filesystem was forcibly unmounted and remounted.
- Fix a rtadvd(8) segmentation fault on service reload.
- Create and correct ownership and permissions of /var/authpf in the standard mtree. Fix a NFS deadlock. Stop SIOCSIFADDR, SIOCSIFBRDADDR, SIOCSIFDSTADDR and SIOCSIFNETMASK at the socket layer rather than pass them on to the link layer without validation or credential checks. [SA-13:12
- Prevent cross-mount hardlinks between different nullfs mounts of the same underlying filesystem. [SA-13:13]
- Fix the length calculation for the final block of a sendfile(2) transmission which could be tricked into rounding up to the nearest page size, leaking up to a page of kernel memory.